How to Learn ES6
We ran a survey at about the time the standard became official in June 2015 to see how many people were using ES6. Nearly half of respondents already were. I suspect the number will be much higher when we run the survey again. ES6 includes lots of great enhancements that will make you & your team more effective.
If you haven’t learned ES6 yet, the time is now.Common Excuses
- “I’m waiting for browser support.” Babel lets you transpile most ES6 code so it will work in browsers dating back to IE8. Don’t get left behind.
- “I don’t want to introduce a compile step.” If you’re building any non-trivial app, you should be compiling anyway, for many reasons.
- Copy and paste blog & tutorial examples into the Babel REPL to see how Babel compiles them to ES5.
- Watch ES6: The ROAD MAP webcast recording (packed with interactive examples)
- Read “Understanding ES6” by Nicholas Zakas
- Read “Exploring ES6” & “Setting Up ES6” by Axel Rauschmayer
- Read “You Don’t Know JS: ES6 & Beyond” by Kyle Simpson